Saturday, December 31, 2022

Last post for 2022

Marks Rpi Cluster is currently idle. Its been warm so not much has been done for the last week. I managed to get a days worth of crunching in before it got hot again.

I had one Pi4 that kept dropping out when I look at the cluster through BOINCTasks. I ended up clearing some space on its SD card, even though it said it was only using 8% of it. However when I did a fstrim -av it released over 3Gb of disk space. After a reboot it seems to be behaving again. Raspberry Pi OS has the fstrim service running by default, where it will run once a week to release disk space so I am not sure why this one Pi had an issue. I suspect it may be time to replace the SD card but that means shutting down all the nodes in the EC12, powering it off and then removing the front cover in order to get to it.

I plan to continuing crunching with the Pi cluster, weather permitting next year. I don't expect any major updates unless they release a new Pi. I would like to get the cluster using network booting rather than SD cards so some study and experimenting next year.


No comments: