Saturday, September 16, 2023

Its hot

Marks Rpi Cluster is running down it current work. Temperatures jumped over 10 degrees in Sydney, Australia in the last two days. Yesterday the computer room (my loft) was 33 degrees C so I suspended all computation until around midnight when it dropped a bit. Its 27 degrees this morning (at 8AM). Last night I resumed running 2 tasks at a time to keep the Pis a bit cooler. I did another batch of 2 at a time this morning but at this rate its going to take a few days to clear the tasks on hand. They are some Universe@home BH Spin work on the pair of Pi3B+ and Einstein@home BRP4 work on the Pi4's. The weather is forecast to be hot for a week before returning to normal (low 20 degrees C).

I mentioned in my last post that Pi's 5 through 8 were close to reaching 1M credits for Einstein. They have all passed 1M credits, although Pi number 6 was about 10k credits behind the others so took longer to get there.

The 20 micro SD cards I ordered have arrived. I am using Sandisk High Endurance 32GB cards these days. Now all we need is a Raspberry Pi OS update.

I am trying to get another Pi4 2GB model. I can get 1, 4 and 8GB Pi4's but the 2GB version is still out of stock at my usual suppliers. The 1GB is too little memory and I don't want to pay extra for a larger memory size when it doesn't need it. I'll also need to order a case for it but I do have a smare (official) power supply.



No comments: