Saturday, August 6, 2022

7th of August

Marks Rpi Cluster continues to run 24/7. The three newer Pi4's have built up their Recent Average Credit for einstein@home to 1000 and some of the existing Pi4's are up to 1300 credits. It takes about a month to stabilise so pretty good for two weeks of running them in the EC12.


Validation failure rate
I looked at the validation failures I was getting. That is where I compute a work unit and it doesn't agree with other computers that have also done the same work unit.

I've been running an ARM64 optimized version of the BRP4 app written by a volunteer with the handle N30DG. I ran the project supplied 1.61 app for a few days on a single Pi4. I checked the average validation failure rate for all computers. It was around 10 to 11% from einstein@home's server status page. It varies a bit from day to day. My validation failures are around 5%, so better than most.

The optimized BRP4 app is taking slightly over 3 hours. The project supplied 1.61 app takes around 4 and a half hours.


Another EC12
I ordered another Edge Cluster 12. BitScope had stock of the Pi4 8GB at the same price as my usual suppliers so I ordered 12 to go in it. I should get them next week. Hopefully the Pi4's will be the 1.8GHz version.

I received another couple of Meanwell power supplies that I ordered online from an electrical distributor. The Meanwell power supplies are designed to drive LED lights, but I happen to use them to power the EC12 and before that the Blade Rack 20.

I need more 32GB MicroSD cards. I have a few spares as they tend to wear out, but I don't have 12 of them. I should be fine for network cables and switches.

No comments: