Saturday, June 6, 2020

Progress as of 7th of June



This is where Marks Rpi Cluster was on the 7th of June. A total credit of 7.925,948 with an average of 3,613 credits. Not as much as 50 days ago but its starting to climb back up.

Currently the cluster has two Pi4 4GB models doing Rosetta and 10 Pi3 doing Einstein BRP4 work.


Pi4 news
Following the announcement of the 8GB Pi4 model B, I had a look around at the couple of suppliers I get them from. Both were out of stock. Element14 (who are one of the worldwide distributors) has them back ordered into August and the other supplier had a limit of 1 per customer with stock arriving in a week. Given the memory some of the Rosetta work units use, the Pi4 4GB can only run 3 tasks at a time so the 8GB model is the one to get.

I haven't tried the new Raspberry Pi OS (64 bit) yet, although one of the users at Einstein had success running Rosetta work on a Pi4 8GB. His Pi appears to be running Debian buster with a 5.4 kernel. I would have to take one of my current Pi4's out of service while I experiment with it, which I don't want to do at the moment. It is more important that they run Rosetta work.

Update:
Ordered one Pi4 8GB, power supply and a case.

1 comment:

Boulybud said...

Thank you for the news !