Friday, October 25, 2019

26th of October

This last fortnight has been business as usual, except for the last two days.


The last two days
Its been hot so I set the cluster to NNT (no new tasks) and let it finish off what it had, which can take up to 20 hours for the slower Pis. I also set the cache levels to their minimum so it doesn't take so long to finish off the work on hand. Normally I keep 8 tasks per Pi, 4 in progress and 4 cached. The cluster has been idle since then apart from me taking the opportunity to apply updates. Its going to be hot again today.


Replacement USB charger
I got another 5 port USB charger rated at 39 watts/8 amps. Its a Comsol brand so lets see how long they last. That has freed up one of the Astrotek brand chargers which is now a spare. Given I had two of these Astrotek chargers fail I think it best to keep a spare.

I put the two powered-off Pi3B+ nodes on the new charger. They had been off since the last charger died. That puts Marks Rpi Cluster back to 12 x Pi3B+ and 10 x Pi3B compute nodes.

No comments: