Saturday, June 22, 2019

22nd of June

The cluster is still running 24/7. All nodes are doing Einstein BRP4 work.

Another one of the 5 port USB chargers gave up. Running 4 Pi3B+ and a pair of fans was too much. I noticed when all the power LEDs went off on one of the cases. The chargers are only rated for 3 x 2 amps and 2 x 1 amp output. I put two of the Pis onto the additional charger and that seems to have made it happy for the moment.

I really need to find something that can run 4 Pi3B+ (in theory 10 amps) plus the fans (1 amp). The only things I can find on the net suggest using multi-port chargers, which is what I have been doing or converting a PC power supply. I'm surprised nobody has come up with a suitable product designed for clusters of Raspberry Pis.

1 comment:

Bruce Rindahl said...

I went with POE on 8 pi's. The 3B+ takes POE directly with a hat and the 3B use a adapter that takes POE and splits into ethernet + micro USB. No issues for almost a year