Sunday, August 27, 2023

27th of August

Marks Rpi Cluster continues to run 24/7. They are all running Einstein@home BRP4 work at the moment.

As I mentioned in my last post BOINC has a concept of a back-up project. For the 8 Pi's that had Asteroids@home I set the resource share to 0% which is how you configure it.

I ordered 20 more micro-SD cards in anticipation of an updated Raspberry Pi OS. There was some discussion in the Raspberry Pi forums that there is a closed beta-test happening. It was also mentioned in a different message thread that they may want to upgrade to the 6.4 or 6.5 kernel as more Pi-specific modifications have been up-streamed into the standard kernel.

My 4th Pi4 8GB reached 1M credits for Einstein this weekend. This particular Pi joined the project on the 3rd of April 2021, the same time as the other three Pis that have already reached 1.2M.


No comments: