Saturday, September 2, 2023

3rd of September

Marks Rpi Cluster continues to run 24/7.

All the Pi4's are running Einstein@home BRP4 work. Einstein haven't had any outages since I set up Asteroids@home as a back-up project. They probably won't have any now for a while as I think they've addressed their reliability issues.


Pi3 added
I added a couple of Pi3's back to the cluster. Why a Pi3? Well apart from having a pile of them sitting around (I also have a Pi1 and a four Pi2's) and the relevant power adapters I decided I would run Universe@home. They are an astronomy project studying Black Holes. Unfortunately when asked to update their app to 64 bit, they refused as it would involve development effort so they only have a 32 bit BH spin app for the Raspberry Pi.

I started with a couple of Pi3 model B's and while checking what speed they were running at found they were doing 1.28GHz. I dug out a pair of Pi3 model B+ which were more recent (copyright 2017) and swapped the model B's out. The B+ will run at 1.4GHz if they don't get too hot. Both of the cases have fans. This might be a temporary arrangement, but we will see how they work out. Work units vary from 5 to 11 and a half hours to complete but only use 3MB of memory.


Another one reaches 1M
My 5th Pi4 to join Einstein@home has reached 1 million host credits with Pis 6, 7 and 8 also fairly close to a million. Overall the cluster is on 26.3M credits for Einstein@home.

No comments: