Sunday, August 13, 2023

13th of August

Marks Rpi Cluster continues to run 24/7. Since my last post Einstein@home has run out of the BRP4 work twice. Once I notice I usually allow Asteroids@home work on those Pi's that have the project (which is 8 out of 24 Pis). Their work outages usually last a week or so before things return to normal. From what has been said on their forums the pipeline to create the work units needs regular monitoring and fixes.

I think the SD cards are close to wearing out so I expect I will need to replace all of them. These days I have been buying the 32GB Sandisk high endurance cards, but don't have enough spares on hand to replace all of them. I was hoping the Raspberry Pi foundation would have the latest OS based upon Debian bookworm out as I would need to reinstall all the Pi's for it anyway. If I can do that while replacing the SD cards it would save time.

Talking about SD cards I try to minimize the writes to make them last longer. I have BOINC set to checkpoint every 5 minutes and keep apps in memory (as the compute nodes are Pi4 8GB). I also have Linux set to limit the log files to 100MB.


No comments: