Saturday, October 24, 2020

Progress as of 25th of October

 


This is where Marks Rpi Cluster is at as of the 25th of October for Einstein@home. Total credit is 8,799,761 and recent average is 8,155 credits.


OS updates
I will be updating one of the Pi3's to Raspberry Pi OS 64 bit and putting the optimised BRP4 app on it to see how it performs. Up until now I have left the Pi3's running Raspbian (32 bit) and the project supplied BRP4 app.


Power supplies
I mentioned in April that I had some 16 amp Meanwell power supplies. My electrician friend has done the wiring for them. They have USB type C plugs and are intended to run 4 x Pi4's at a time. I will also need to get some more of my Pi^4 cases printed off and order more Pi4's. I am planning on having 12 compute nodes in the cluster initially.


Update 25 October
The Pi3 is now running the 64 bit OS and is on its first batch of Einstein BRP4 work. I thought it might run out of memory as 193 MB times 4 tasks (772 MB) doesn't leave much for BOINC or the operating system.


Update 29 October
Nine more Pi4 (8GB) arrived. Visited 3D printing place today, new Pi^4 case and cover for the power supplies in progress.

No comments: