Saturday, September 29, 2018

BitScope Blade Rack 20 build (part 1)

You get 10 of these BitScope Blade Duo's. They hold 2 Pi's per Duo. You can see the power regulator circuit on the right.



You get a pile of 10mm nylon standoffs and M2.5 screws



Here is one of my Pi3 with its 14x14x14mm copper heatsink.



And it doesn't fit! There isn't room for the heatsink.

When I asked about this they said they don't normally use a heatsinks with them. They were kind enough to give me a number of aluminium heatsinks that are 5mm tall which would fit, however I haven't used them. Instead I bought more Pi3's rather than trying to remove the heatsink from the ones I already have.



Here is the first Duo in between the two power plates. One power plate is red and the other black so you don't mix up the polarity. The Duo is secured onto the metal brackets using M3 screws that are supplied. Due to the tight fit you add the Rpi after you've got the screws in.



And here is another shot of it before adding in the Pis.



Two Pis installed. The Pi plugs in via the GPIO pins and then you add the M2.5 screws to hold them in place.



Here I have done 8 of them, at which point I ran out of Pis. I need to add another Duo between the two power plates and this one is done.


No comments: